Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Curbside Car Show: 2Fast 2Furious Eclipse

     I happened to be marching through the bureau of purple curbs when I caught this majesticness with my smartphone:


   I took me 2 passes (24 hours apart) to realize this marvelous monstrosity was more than some local guy's experiment with Krylon and masking tape. No, this is a full on tribute to the 3rd gen eclipse in 2Fast 2Furious. See the original picture car in the pic below. 


    I was never a huge fan of the 3rd gen Eclipse, nor was I a fan of the sophomore version of the Fast franchise. I remember my initial reaction to the 2Fast Eclipse in the theater, it was something like "I don't love it, I don't hate it, but I can't think of any sane reason you would do that to a vehicle." It's now ten+ years since the film premiered, but it certainly left a impression someone. 




     This tribute brings us the all the essence of the original vehicle, without any of the details. Sure, the purple is not the same color, the wheels don't match, the body kit is missing and the owner can't be bothered with the rear wing. If everything were correct it would be a replica, and (as Tenacious D says) this is not the greatest replica in the world, this is just a tribute. Either way, I lift my beer in the air to you, Mr. 2Fast tribute owner, for keeping and old Eclipse on the road, and for shining your light on the most forgettable vehicle of the entire Fast & Furious franchise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment