Monday, June 16, 2014

Curbside Car Show: 1980's Ram Van

     I saw this majestic beast parked in the handi-spot outside Kroger. It seems to be a mid 80's-ish Dodge Ram Van, with an identity crisis. 


    The conversion style rear quarter windows conflict with the 70's metal flake-faux wood paint. Every body knows you don't put picture windows on the side of a shagg'n wagon. Also, most conversion vans were long body's. The 90's American Racing rims bring us a third decade of confusion, while the luggage rack and Family Truckster double stacked headlamps complete the rape van look.


     Despite this vans creeper status, I kind of digg it. I mean look at the fiberglass sun visor! Those were  made for only the Chachiest of rides. Honestly, I can see Scott Baio rocking this right now!  If it where my van, I'd hop on craigslist and score some cheap 13" reversed offset wire wheels, put War's Lowrider on repeat and call it a day... but, to each their own. I lift my beer in the air to you Mr. Handi Van, you may not have taste on your side, but you've got style, and that's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment