Saturday, May 17, 2014

On the Lot: Bradley GT II


   
      The Bradley GTII is an odd duck. It's the successor the the Bradley GT, which is arguably the worlds most recognizable VW based kit car. The GTII had a lot going for it when compared to its older brother. The lines of the car body flowed better, it had actual doors (gasp!) and door glass. When I saw this one at a car lot in my home town I had to stop to take a few photos. The part that caught my attention was the round "33" sticker and copper "rape van" wheels with chrome spinners. I highly doubt this car has had any track time, but I really do hope those spinners are hooked to a James Bond-ish mechanism the will grind the tires of my opponents in a illegal Tiajuana street race. I really like the front and back of this car, but the mid section kind of kills the sex appeal of the whole. I am kinda strangely in love with the early 80's vinyl interior and black faced gauges.






No comments:

Post a Comment